ABOUT MTC - MISSION STATEMENT
These are some of the objectives and principles of MTC that guide its operation:
- To promote the improvement of turfgrass culture, production, research and education in the State of Maryland.
- To recommend and uphold a high standard of professional practice and environmental stewardship by those engaged in the field of turfgrass management.
- To sponsor conferences, trade shows, workshops, and other educationally-oriented events devoted to the presentation and exchange of information of interest and value to the turfgrass industry.
- To initiate and support the scientific investigation of problems associated with turfgrass cultivation and to promote the dissemination of such research.
- To support the turfgrass research and education programs of the University of Maryland through direct financial assistance to the University of Maryland Foundation, scholarship programs, and other appropriate means.
- To sponsor and promote events and activities to develop financial support for turfgrass research and education consistent with the objectives of MTC.
- To publish a newsletter and website to promote information exchange among its members, and to offset the costs of such publications though dues and direct financial assistance.
- To stimulate public education and interest in turfgrass management and sound cultural practices.
- To cooperate with organizations and associations who share the goals of MTC, and provide support and assistance to encourage their success.
- To represent the judgment of MTC in matters of policy that are deemed to affect the production, construction, maintenance, and management of turfgrass areas.